The name of the business and the personal data protection officer are as follows.
Celsys may acquire customers’ personal data (including call logs of telephone calls) for the purposes described below. If the necessary personal data is not provided, certain services may be unavailable, or we may not be able to respond to certain inquiries.
(1) We process the provided personal data for the following purposes. In the event that the personal data is to be used for purposes not listed below, we shall inform customers in advance of such purpose to obtain permission.
|Type of Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
|1||Personal data of customers||(1) For the sale, provision, and leasing of products handled by Celsys (including order acceptance, payment processing, shipping, etc.)|
|(2) Services related to the above (such as communication of shipping, additional sales, etc., by web, e-mail, telephone, etc., and other communication deemed necessary)|
|(3) To provide Clip Studio account services|
|(4) To introduce products and events|
|(5) To provide information about products|
|(6) To provide support and maintenance|
|(7) To conduct surveys and monitoring to develop and provide services|
|(8) For promotions and giveaways (including entry, raffle, and shipping of prizes)|
|(9)(9) To prepare and publish data, totaled such that individuals cannot be identified or specified, and conduct marketing analysis based on such data as reference for future sales activities and development of new services|
|(10) To use and record access data (via Internet, mobile site, telephone, etc.) for system operation & management and to respond to inquiries|
|(11) To respond to inquiries and messages|
|(12) To conclude, fulfill, and terminate contracts, etc.|
|(13) To prepare documents required by law|
|2||Personal data of business partner representatives||Communications related to business operations, etc.|
|3||Personal data of job applicants||For communication and operations related to hiring and assessment|
|4||Personal data of employees (including ex-employees)||(1)For personnel management (assessment & placement, etc.) and training|
|(2)For handling wages (including salaries, one-off payments, severance payments, retirement payments)|
|(3)For operations related to employee benefits (including asset accumulation savings)|
|(4)For security management (including crime/disaster prevention and occupational health & safety)|
|(5)For business operations (business communications, creation of reports, etc.)|
(2) The provided personal data shall be held and managed by Celsys for the period necessary to achieve the purpose stated above.
Customers acknowledge that the personal data may be used by outsourced third parties ("Outsourced Contractors," including parties outside of Japan) for its business operation to the extent defined by us in the previous article. The user accepts that we may provide the Outsourcing Contractor with a portion of the personal data (including but not limited to: name, address, phone number, and e-mail addresses) for the relevant purposes only to the extent deemed necessary. In this case, Celsys shall be liable to prevent the Outsourced Contractor from using the personal data for purposes other than those defined and shall supervise and ensure that the Outsourcing Contractor manages the personal data appropriately.
Celsys may provide Manufacturers, distributors, and Rights Holders of Celsys products (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Manufacturers") with a portion of user’s personal data (including but not limited to: name, address, phone number, and e-mail address) only to the extent required such that Manufacturers can contact customers who purchased/rented the products by postal mail, phone, or e-mail, etc., with notifications required for handling such products, notifications of defects in the products, or other information on the products.
Celsys may provide a third party with personal data in its entirety or in part without prior approval from customers in the following cases:
(1) Cookies are used by some of the Company's services for purposes such as obtaining information to enable more convenient use and to continually improve such services. Cookies are information sent from a server related to the operation of the service to the customer's browser and are saved on the customer's computer. The saved information does not contain any personally identifiable information such as names, telephone numbers, or addresses. Furthermore, there are no directly harmful effects on the computer. Customers can adjust settings on their own browsers to prevent the receipt of cookies. However, doing so may prevent some functions from operating.
(2) Services provided by Celsys use behavioral targeting advertising (advertising method that delivers adverts that are matched with customer interests based on information such as site viewing information) that utilizes programs provided by advertisement distributors. Cookies are used at this time to gather the customer's site visit history information. The advertisement distributors use the cookies to broadcast advertisements based on the customer's past access information.
・Network Advertising Initiative:http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
(3) The services provided by Celsys may contain the following third-party information-gathering modules for the purpose of providing features in the services, displaying advertisements, and understanding usage statistics.
・Google Analytics:https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en (for understanding use of our products and websites)
・Firebase:https://firebase.google.com/terms/crashlytics-app-distribution-data-processing-terms (For collecting crash reports and promotion optimization)
・AppsFlyer:https://www.appsflyer.com/privacy-policy/ (for analyzing the effectiveness of placed ads)
(4) To stop usage information from being sent to advertising distribution companies or companies providing information-gathering modules, please visit the relevant websites or follow the instructions below.
・Clip Studio (Win/Mac):
Go to the [Maintenance Menu] and turn off [Automatically send anonymous usage logs].
・Clip Studio Paint (Win/Mac):
・Clip Studio Paint (iPad/iPhone/Galaxy/Android/Chromebook):
(5) These settings need to be configured again if you change your computer or browser or delete cookies.
We will take necessary and appropriate actions for the safe control of collected personal data to prevent its leakage, loss, or damage, and will take corrective actions as needed. This website is encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
We may also relocate customers’ personal data to a country with personal data protection legislation differing to that of the customers’ country. In such a case, we will take appropriate measures necessary for the protection of the personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Original Version: July 28, 2011
Last modified: December 10, 2020