Celsys,Inc. (“Celsys”) contributes to society through providing the solution for production and distribution of digital content based on our management policy and code of conduct, earns a credibility from all our customers, and proceeds the business activities to meet the expectations to Celsys, Private information should be the important asset of our customers as well as of Celsys as a resource to create values to customers and should be managed under the severe restriction. Celsys manages the private information of our customers with the following policies.
1. Basic policies
- 1. Celsys complies with private information protection law and its relevant laws as well as guidelines relating private information for management of private information.
- 2. Celsys defines the guideline of managing private information of CELSYS,Inc (“Guideline”) and makes the best efforts so that all of our board members and employees comply with Guideline to establish and maintain the management system of private information.
- 3. Celsys obtain the customer’s private information to a necessary extent and in an appropriate way only for the business purpose, and handles it within a scope, which Celsys explains to our customers. The private information shall not be disclosed any third except for the case that Celsys gets the acceptance from the customer or has the legitimate reasons.
- 4. Celsys tries to maintain and update the private information correctly and makes the best efforts to prevent any trouble to the private information such as illegal access, leakage, and crush. Celsys periodically checks the management system of the private information and solve the issues as much quickly as possible when Celsys finds any trouble and problem and improves the management system.
- 5. Celsys responses to any inquiry from our customers such claim, concern, disclosure requirement in a timely and polite manner.
- 6. Celsys periodically check the status of compliance with the laws and guidelines regarding the private information to protect the private information thoroughly and maintain the appropriate usage, and makes the best efforts to detect violations, troubles, and problems. Celsys’s borad members review the management system based on the checking results and keep improving the system.
2. Utilization purpose of the private information
Celsys clarifies the utilization purpose of the private information and utilize the information within the purpose when Celsys obtains the private information from our customers. Celsys informs the purpose when Celsys needs to utilize the private information beyond the stated purpose and utilizes the information only when Celsys gets the acceptance from our customers.
Followings are the utilization purpose of the private information of Celsys;
(1)The private information of our customers.
- 1. Delivery of products and premiums.
- 2. Settlement of payment for products and service.
- 3. Mailing of brochures of products, service and events.
- 4. Offer of products’ support and maintenance,
- 5. Development of multi-media devices including the private information.
- 6. Response to inquiries.
- 7. Business meetings.
- 8. Offering of membership service.
- 9. Product development, questionnaire research, and monitoring.
- 10. Contract implementation.
- 11. Release of legal documents.
(2)The private information of our shareholders.
- 1. Execution of rights and fulfillment of obligations based on the corporate law.
- 2. Facility affording (e.g. shareholder special benefit programs.)
- 3. Implementation of plans for shareholders (e.g. questionnaire.)
- 4. Shareholder management based on laws (e.g. development of shareholder list.)
(3)The private information of public officers.
- 1. Contact to relevant government offices upon commercial requests
(4)The private information of board members and employees of the business partners.
- 1. Business meetings.
- 2. Management of business partners’ information and transaction of income and expenditure.
(5)The private information of the applicants.
- 1. Notice of job openings and descriptions to applicants.
3. Providion of the private information
(1)Celsys does not disclose and provide the private information of customers except for the following cases;
- 1. Celsys obtains the acceptance from customers.
- 2. Celsys is required for disclosure by laws.
- 3. Celsys has difficulties to obtain the acceptance from customer, but recognizes that the disclosure and provision of the private information to protect human life and asset.
- 4. Celsys needs the private information for billing settlement.
- 5. Celsys relegates the handling of the private information within the utilization purpose.
- 6. Enterprises are succeeded due to the mergers, split-offs, etc.
(2)Celsys provides the private information of customers to relevant third parties in case that Celsys regards it
appropriate to ask for the third parties to take care of inquiries from customers. In this case, customers can ask Celsys to stop the provision of the private information to the third parties.
4. Process to claim for disclosure
Celsys accepts 1) claim for disclosure 2) claim for clarification of utilization purpose 3) claim for correction 4) claim for adding 5) claim for delete 6) claim for stopping the utilization or provision to third parties. Contact to the private information inquiry for the detailed information about claim formats. Claim for disclosure and clarification of utilization purpose are charged.
5. Inquiries about the private information
Contact to the private information inquiry for the private information of customers, policies of the private information protection.
- 1. The policy of the private information protection is about the handling of the private information by Celsys in Japan.
- 2. There are some service of Celsys that require customers for the private information so that customers can use the service.
- 3. Customers under 20 are supposed to provide the private information with agreement of parents.
- 4. Celsys records the call when customers call the inquiry counter.
1) Cookie: Server sends the data to customers’ browser for the efficient utilization of web site. Customers can decline the cookies.
- 6. Celsys does not owe any responsibility to the private information of the web site, which has a link with Celsys.
- 7. Celsys inform important change and information on the web site.
- 8. Celsys changes the policy of the private information protection for the better protection and in case of the change of relevant laws.
7. Enterprise to utilize the private information
The followings are the enterprises that Celsys utilizes the private information.
- Content business
Sales of “CLIP STUDIO PAINT”, manga, animation, illustration production software, “RETAS STUDIO”, animation production software and provision of solution for digital book distribution.
Inquiry counter to the policy for the private information protection and the utilization of the private information
- CELSYS,Inc. chief privacy officer
- September 1, 2006 date of enactment
- January 1, 2016 date of the last revision
- Kei Narushima, President